Military Academy Nominations
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
As a Member of Congress, I may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. To select the most qualified nominees for each vacancy, I have appointed a Service Academy Nomination Board, which consists of residents from the Fifth District. The board meets once a year to interview and nominate students for appointments to the various Service Academies.
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
To request a Military Academy Nomination from our office, please complete this form. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
- Nominations for the Class of 2026 (entering U.S. Service Academies in summer of 2022) will be accepted March 20, 2021 until October 8, 2021 at 5:00pm. Interested students may contact Shannon in my Brookfield Office at 262-784-1111 for additional information and application materials.
- Interviews with Nominating Panel will be held November 6th.
- Late November nominees will be notified.
- Spring 2022 the Service Academies complete admissions process and offer appointments.
- Summer 2022 classes begin.
Applicants for nominations must be:
- Citizens of the United States and residents of the Fifth Congressional District of Wisconsin.
- At least 17 years of age and must not have passed their 23rd birthday on July 1st of the year of entry.
Unmarried and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents at the time of admission to an Academy.
Please contact our Academy Coordinator, Shannon, at our Brookfield Office at 262-784-1111 for more details.